St Mark's College
opened its doors of learning in 1985. It is an exceptional boarding school in Limpopo
situated in the heart of Sekhukhuneland in a small town of Jane Furse. The school grew out of the strong desire of the community around
the old mission station of Jane Furse to create a new, better non-racial school for their children.
In the early 1980's former pupils of the old mission school, which closed down with the advent of Bantu Education in 1953, began campaigning
for a church school that would give the children of the area what they could not get from the surrounding state schools – a quality education
which met the needs of mind, body and spirit.
Since inception, St Mark's College
has managed to continuously produce exceptional Grade 12 examination results.
The standard that was set by the first matric class in 1990 went on to define the future results of the school. The classes that followed
kept the trend and some achieved even better results.
The past learners have gone out to excel in different fields such as engineering, actuarial sciences, chartered accountancy, etc. The likes of
Dr Noko Phala (chemical engineer), Mamongae Mahlare (chemical engineer), Radiakwane Motsogi (mechanical engineer and owner of Kgabo Engineering)
and Professor Refilwe Masekela (paediatrician) have all matriculated from St Mark's College
There were esteemed visitors to the school, President Nelson Mandela shortly after his release from prison, Archbishop Selby Taylor,
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane, and eminent educationalists from around the world, all of them keen to see this
centre of excellence in a place as far off as Jane Furse.